- APPLES: Picking up the last of Larsen Apple Hill Apples this week. Varieties still available include Arkansas Black, Braeburn, Fuji, Gala, Golden Delicious, Pink Lady and Rome. The following varieties are finished- Granny Smith, Jonathan, Mutsu and Pippen.
- AVOCADOS: Market still screaming upward. Currently in the low $70s. Using 70ct avocado as well as 60ct. Supplies will remain very, very tight. As of Monday (11/12), work stoppage in Mexico continues.
- BERRIES: Strawberries– market stronger as Northern crop finishes. Santa Maria and Oxnard crops are next up. Blueberries– low $30s. Fresh Cranberries– now available in a 12oz package. Raspberries– high $20s. Frozen Huckleberries– available in a 5# bag.
- CITRUS: Oranges– Valencia season has finished. Navel oranges look much better; not quite as sweet yet. Satsuma Mandarins and Meyer Lemons– local from Twin Peaks Orchard; available by the case or pound. Cara Caras– will start later this month. Blood Oranges– will start early December. Lemons and Limes– market down slightly; lemons in mid $30s and limes in mid $20s.
- MELONS: All local melons are done. Cantaloupe and Honeydew– arriving from Arizona and Mexico. Watermelon– quality is improving as Northern and Central California finish; now arriving from Mexico.
- STONE FRUIT: All stone fruit is finished until next spring/summer.
- SPECIALTY: Amagaki Persimmons– outstanding quality from Twin Peaks Orchard. Pomegranates– all are from “local” sources. Figs– quality is fair to poor; should finish any day.