- ARTICHOKE: Thornless variety from Castroville/Watsonville area down into mid $20’s on all sized chokes. Baby Chokes– small to medium loose sized in mid $40’s.
- ASPARAGUS: California season is finished. Now stocking 11# cases from Mexico. Market dropping into high $30’s; sizing options limited. Thinner “grass” doesn’t travel well.
- BEANS: Bluelakes, Local French (untrimmed), Romano, and Yellow Wax– outstanding supply coming from Dwelley Farms (Brentwood); sold by the case or pound. Cranberry (shelling)- available by the 15# case only. Trimmed French Beans– from Mexico; please specify trimmed or local when ordering.
- BRUSSEL SPROUTS: Coastal growers are done! Market is very strong (mid $40’s) on product from Mexico.
- CORN: White and Yellow– from Brentwood and Dixon Ridge. Super sweet variety is at its seasonal best!
- CUCUMBERS: Local crops are just starting. We have a “White” Cucumber from Castaneda Bros. that is similar to a lemon cucumber except long and narrow (like a small traditional cuke); 10# case for $15.75. Del Rio Cucumbers should start in 1-2 weeks.
- LETTUCE: Iceberg and Leaf Varieties at seasonal norms. All lettuces and Spring Mixes are sourced from Salinas/Watsonville area.
- PEPPERS: Gypsy’s (Yellow) and Padrons– local crop available from Riverdog Farm. Green Bells– steady in high teens. Red Bells– high $20’s. Yellow Bells– high $30’s. Jalapeno and Tomatillo– local crop starting from Maciel Farms.
- TOMATOES: Local Heirlooms and Mixed Medley Tomatoes- starting very slow due to cooler than normal temperatures, especially in the evenings. We have “True-Vine” Shady Lady Slicers- from Uncle Ray. We are just starting single variety heirlooms and are stocking a Toy Box to keep up with demand. Please specify LOCAL and we will do our best to supply you with Ray’s product only. Mixed Medley Cherry Tomato– we should be able to meet demand with all local product by the end of the week; we will use Del Rio, Riverdog, and Capay Organics.