While they are available year-round, spring is a popular time of year for Carrots. They are a good late-season crop that can tolerate frost. In fact, they prefer to be grown during the cooler ends of the growing season—spring and fall. Carrots are an extremely versatile vegetable that can be blended into soups, roasted, grilled, sauteed, juiced, and even enjoyed as dessert! From bright, crunchy salads to sweet, slow-cooked sides, Carrots are a wonderful kitchen staple. We offer the following varieties:
- Nantes Carrots- a French heirloom variety with an almost perfectly cylindrical shape, rounded at the top and root ends, and are distinctly sweeter than other carrots. Nantes' have smooth skin and a crisp texture. Available by the 24 bunch case only.
- Ice Bunched Carrots– best quality and flavor, medium size, with tops. Available in a 24 bunch case only.
- Rainbow Bunched Carrots– 24 bunch case only
- Baby Orange Carrots– 24 bunch case only
- Baby Mixed Carrots– a variety of colors in a 24 bunch case only\
- Peeled Baby Bunch Carrots– 5# case
- Peeled Mixed Baby Carrots– 5# case
- Baby Round Carrots– aka “Thumbelina” carrots. Available in a 24 bunch case only.