local white corn & beans
The first harvest of Dwelley Farms white corn arrived this week, along with fresh beans! Dwelley Family Farms is located in Brentwood, CA and is fortunate to be in a region that experiences hot days and cool nights. Their climate results in ideal growing conditions for a variety of fruits and vegetables including beans, squash, corn, stone fruit, and much more!
- White Corn– while corn is available year-round, local summer corn usually tastes sweeter– from fresh off the cob to succotash, soups, and more. Sold by the 48ct case or per piece. (We expect yellow corn by late next week.)
- Blue Lake Beans– often called snap or string beans, these beans are bright, sweet and tender. Sold by the 30# case or pound.
- Yellow Wax Beans– another variety of snap bean that is crisp and meaty. Available by the 15# case or pound.
- Romano Beans– also called Italian flat or broad beans, romanos lend well to braising and are perfect for summer minestrones. 15# case or pound.
- French Beans (untrimmed)– please specify whether you want local beans or the trimmed variety from Mexico. Also known as haricot verts, French beans are longer, thinner, and more tender and complex in flavor than Blue Lakes. 15# case or per pound.