Penna Olives has been known for consistency and quality for decades. Their olives are grown, processed and packed right at M&CP Farms in Orland, CA. Owned and operated by Maurice and Cindy Penna, M&CP Farms is the only end-to-end handler- from tree to package. Maurice is a recognized authority on olives and is responsible for all phases of olive production. Freshly harvested olives are bitter and must be cured before eaten. The traditional method of curing uses lye to neutralize the natural bitterness. Maurice uses a second method- fermenting with lactic acid- which leaves more of the natural olive flavor intact. We are proud to offer the following:
- Italian Deli Mix– a mildly spicy blend of pitted olives with pearl onions, and Greek and California peppers. 2/5# bags in brine.
- California Mixed Olives (pitted or with pit)– blend of Sevillano, Mission, Manzanita, and Picholine. 2/4# bags.
- Calamon Olives (pitted or with pit)- a California grown Kalamata, this olive is a large, purple/black olive with rich and fruity flavor that makes it a great table olive and excellent in tapenades. 2/4# bags.
- Calabrese Olives– a unique variety of Sevillano olives that are cured in a salt brine for 12-18 months, desalted, then packed with olive oil, herbs, and hot pepper flakes. 2/5# bags.
- Stuffed Olive– premium olives hand-stuffed with California jalapeno flavored with Mexican lime. Excellent for a dirty martini! Available in a 1 gallon tub.
- Lucques Olive– crescent shaped green olives with firm meaty texture (with pit). 2/5# bags in brine.
- Pitted Sicilian (Sevillano) Olives- Large meaty green olive with mild fruity flavor. Pairs well with sheep and goat milk cheeses. 2/5# bags in brine.
- Preserved Meyer Lemons- packed in salt for several months until cured. Preserved Meyer Lemons pair nicely with olives and can be used to enhance the flavor of braised or roasted meats, soups, stews and salads. 2/5# bags.