Join us for Tasting Tuesday featuring Cordillera Chocolate on February 6! Stop by anytime from 9am-12pm for coffee and chocolate treats. Cordillera Chocolate is an exceptional brand of chocolate used by renowned chefs worldwide in fine desserts and confections. Careful roasting and conching procedures create an array of professional chocolate couvertures developed by chefs for chefs.
One reason for the exceptional flavor and quality of Cordillera Chocolates is that their products are made with Latin American "fine or flavor" cocao beans. Fine or Flavor beans are a product of Criollo or Trinitario cocao trees exuding fruit, floral, and herbal flavors with notes of nut and caramel. Fine or flavor cocoa beans are known to be of higher quality, and less bitter, than "bulk" cocoa beans (Forestero trees) which are widely used in the conventional chocolate industry. Chocolate is also categorized by amount of cocoa used. The percentage on a chocolate label refers to how much of the bar, by weight, is made from pure cacao beans, cocao butter, and/or cocao solids. The percentage is a general indicator of chocolate flavor intensity versus sweetness. The higher the percentage, the more intense and less sweet the chocolate. We proudly offer the following:
Sumapaz 65% Dark Chocolate Discs (11# box) • Tayrona 53% Semi Dark Chocolate Discs (11# box) • Galeras 59% Dark Chocolate Discs (11# box) • Purace 36% Milk Chocolate Discs (11# box) • Sierra Nevada White Chocolate Discs (11# box) • White Chocolate Confection Coating (11# container) • Dark Chocolate Confection Coating (11# container) • Macuira Cocoa Powder (4.4# box) • Tamesis Cocoa Nibs (2.2# box) • Turndown Chocolates (1000 count case)
edible flowers and micogreens
Incredibly flavorful and nutritious, Microgreens, Petite Greens, Edible Flowers, and Crystallized Flowers make great additions to a variety of dishes. Fresh Origins Farm, located near San Diego, has been growing Microgreens for over 20 years. The location of their farm allows them to enjoy one of the finest growing climates in the world. Year-round mild sunny weather is the ideal environment to produce strong, healthy, highly flavored Microgreens. Special care and attention in harvesting and packing results in extraordinary quality and freshness that outlasts most others. Fresh Origins has an amazing website that details over 200 Microgreens and Edible Flowers. We stock many of those items but it is highly recommended to call our office prior to 4pm (Monday-Friday) to place your pre-order for Microgreens and Edible Flowers. If you are planning to use Microgreens and Edible Flowers for Valentine’s Day, please pre-order those items at least 48 hours in advance. Giving us proper notice will increase our ability to fill your order. Please Visit Fresh Origins website for a complete list of available products. Happy Valentine’s Day!
california artisan cheeses
Produce Express offers an extensive variety of award-winning cheeses, many of which are hand crafted in the Northern California area. Varieties range from cheddar and jack to artisan cheeses from some of the finest producers and farmsteads. We are committed to sourcing the finest locally produced cheeses, and offering these cheeses at competitive prices, in convenient pack sizes, and with ease of delivery. The following are just some of the local cheeses that we offer:
• Devil’s Gulch (Cowgirl Creamery)- this winter seasonal cheese is perfect for a Valentine’s Day cheese board. The rich, bloomy rind wheels are dusted with a mixture of sweet and spicy ground heirloom peppers. The bright, sweet spice is tempered by the creaminess of the paste. 8oz piece.
• Capra Stanislaus (Nicolau Farms)- goat milk cheese, firm, dense, and slightly salty with notes of caramel and a toasted, nutty-olive finish from the seal salt brine. 5# wheel.
• Quatro Pepe (Nicolau Farms)- aged, ivory-colored cheese studded with "Quatro" peppercorns- black, white, pink, and green. Notes of sweet and creamy goat milk blend beautifully with savory peppercorns creating the perfect balance of salt and pepper. 5# wheel.
• Black Truffle Casiago (Nicolau Farms)– robust flavors of black truffle flow through this mixed milk cheese. Notes of Italian black truffle combine with buttery cows milk & rich goats milk in this semi–hard Asiago style cheese, aged 45-90 days. 6# wheel.
• Purple Haze (Cypress Grove)- a soft, creamy chevre cheese with lavender and hand-harvested wild fennel pollen. 3# cheese
• Lamb Chopper (Cypress Grove)- sheep milk cheese with a clean, mild flavor, buttery color and smooth texture. Excellent for shaving and melting. Pairs well with sauteed mushrooms, polenta, pasta, and sandwiches. 9# wheel.
• Midnight Moon– blushing ivory-colored cheese, aged six months or more. It is nutty and brown buttery up front with a long caramel finish. As it ages, protein crystals form and lend a slight crunch to the otherwise dense and smooth cheese. Great on a cheese board and an excellent melting cheese. 10# wheel.
• Estero Gold and Estero Gold Reserve (Valley Ford)- semi-soft, hand made in the style of an Asiago. The Estero Gold is aged about 6 months and the Reserve is aged for a minimum of 18 months. Very pliable, with grassy, fruity overtones. As it ages, it develops stronger, nutty flavors, granular crystals, and a firmer texture. It has an open texture with small holes and straw-like coloring. 8# wheel.
• Highway 1 (Valley Ford)- a Fontina style cheese with silky, creamy texture, mildly fruity and nutty flavor, aged at least 80 days. 8# wheel.
In addition to the cheeses above, we offer the following: Aged Goat Cheese (Sierra Nevada) • Blue and Bay Blue (Point Reyes) • Burrata (Di Stefano) • Cabecou and Spicy Cabecou (Laura Chenel) • Camembert (Marin French) • Chevre (Sierra Nevada) • Feta (Sierra Nevada) • Habanero Jack (Sierra Nevada) • Humboldt Fog (Cypress Grove) • Mt. Tam (Cowgirl Creamery) • Red Hawk (Cowgirl Creamery) • San Joaquin Gold (Fiscalini) • Scamorza and Smoked Scamorza (Fiscalini) • Smoked Cheddar (Fiscalini) • Smoked Goat Cheddar (Redwood Hills) • Smokehouse Jack (Sierra Nevada) • Toma (Point Reyes) • Tome (Laura Chenel) • Triple Crème Brie (Marin French) • White Cheddar (Sierra Nevada) • and much more can be found in our cheese encyclopedia.