While they are available year-round, spring is a popular time of year for Carrots. They are a good late-season crop that can tolerate frost. In fact, they prefer to be grown during the cooler ends of the growing season—spring and fall. Carrots are an extremely versatile vegetable that can be blended into soups, roasted, grilled, sauteed, juiced, and even enjoyed as dessert! From bright, crunchy salads to sweet, slow-cooked sides, Carrots are a wonderful kitchen staple. We offer the following varieties:
- Nantes Carrots- a French heirloom variety with an almost perfectly cylindrical shape, rounded at the top and root ends, and are distinctly sweeter than other carrots. Nantes' have smooth skin and a crisp texture. Available by the 24 bunch case only.
- Ice Bunched Carrots– best quality and flavor, medium size, with tops. Available in a 24 bunch case only.
- Rainbow Bunched Carrots– 24 bunch case only
- Baby Orange Carrots– 24 bunch case only
- Baby Mixed Carrots– a variety of colors in a 24 bunch case only\
- Peeled Baby Bunch Carrots– 5# case
- Peeled Mixed Baby Carrots– 5# case
- Baby Round Carrots– aka “Thumbelina” carrots. Available in a 24 bunch case only.
the impossible burger
We hope you can join us at our warehouse on April 10 from 1pm-3pm for Tasting Tuesday featuring the Impossible Burger - a meatless burger that "bleeds", sears, and tastes like a real beef burger. The creators of the Impossible Burger spent five years researching the texture and flavor of beef, resulting in a rich, decadent meatless burger that will satisfy vegetarians and appeal to meat eaters. The ingredients include: (1) wheat protein for firmness and chew, (2) potato protein allows the burger to hold water and transition to a more solid state during cooking (it can be cooked to any temperature), (3) coconut oil for fat, and (4) heme for the "meat" flavor and “bleeding” effect. Heme is an iron-containing molecule that occurs naturally in plants and animals. The protein, iron, and fat content are comparable to conventional 80/20 ground beef. Please visit our website for more details.
We offer the Impossible Burger two ways:
- Pre-formed Patties– 40/4oz burgers (10# case), $126.75.
- Bulk Ground- great for meatballs, tacos, a variety of ground meat applications, "meat" sauces, customizing the form and thickness of your patties, and more. 20# case, $247.75.
Local Specialty Cheeses
Produce Express offers an extensive variety of award-winning cheeses, many of which are hand crafted in the Northern California area. Varieties range from cheddar and jack to artisan cheeses from some of the finest producers and farmsteads. We are committed to sourcing the finest locally produced cheeses, and offering these cheeses at competitive prices, in convenient pack sizes, and with ease of delivery.
This week we feature the following new cheeses:
- Chives & Shallots (Laura Chenel)– fresh shallots add a hint of sweetness to the fresh goat cheese flavor, balanced by the herbaceous notes from the chives. Perfect for sandwiches, wraps, bagels, cheese boards and more. Available by the 3.5oz medallion, $2.50.
- Sundried Tomato & Basil (Laura Chenel)– the savory sun-dried tomato flavor is counter-balanced by the subtle basil and green pepper notes, enhancing the clean and creamy texture. Available by the 3.5oz medallion, $2.50.
- Poppy Seed & Peppercorn (Laura Chenel)– while the poppy seeds add a nutty flavor, the crushed peppercorns liven up the fresh taste of chevre by adding a slightly hot, yet sweet, flavor. Available by the 3.5oz medallion, $2.50.
- Soft & Creamy Spreadable Goat Cheese (Laura Chenel)– also known as Chef’s Chevre, a favorite among chefs for 20 years. This cheese is perfect for sandwiches and wraps, melts perfectly into sauces, mixes with herbs for fillings, and makes a fluffy, luscious goat cheesecake. Available in a 4# container, $32.75.
- Goat Cheese Crumbles (Laura Chenel)– extremely versatile cheese ideal for spicing up salads, pizzas, paninis, pastas, and more. Available by the 2# bag, $18.75.
- Brie Cuisine (Marin French)– made exclusively for chefs, Brie Cuisine is a single crème, fresh soft-ripened cheese that has a young brie taste and versatile texture. It is not oily, and it melts beautifully without separating. It makes a wonderful filling, and can also be crumbled, diced, and shredded. 2.5# piece, $18.75.
Please visit our cheese page to browse all our cheese offerings such as Devil’s Gulch (Cowgirl Creamery), Estero Gold and Estero Gold Reserve (Valley Ford), Highway 1 (Valley Ford), Capra Stanislaus (Nicolau Farms), Quatro Pepe (Nicolau Farms), Purple Haze (Cypress Grove), Lamb Chopper (Cypress Grove), Midnight Moon (Cypress Grove), Blue and Bay Blue (Pt. Reyes), Toma (Pt. Reyes), Aged Goat Cheddar (Sierra Nevada), White Cheddar and much more!