dwelley farms fresh beans
While we have fresh beans year-round, we understand that purchasing fruits and vegetables directly from local farms ensures longer shelf life as well as a higher degree of quality and freshness. To that end, we are pleased to continue our relationship with Dwelley Family Farms. Located in Brentwood, CA, 26 miles west of Stockton, Dwelley Family Farms is fortunate to be located in a region that experiences hot days and cool nights. Their climate results in ideal growing conditions for a variety of fruits and vegetables including beans, squash, corn, stone fruit, and much more! Mark Dwelley’s family has been farming in the area since the 1920’s. Mark has over 30 years experience on the farm and over 1,000 acres planted to a variety of crops.
- Blue Lake Beans– a familiar and popular variety, often called snap or string beans. These Blue Lakes are bright, sweet and tender and should snap when broken apart, revealing the tiny seeds inside. Available by the 30# case or pound.
- Yellow Wax Beans– another variety of snap bean, usually larger than Blue Lakes, crisp and meaty. Available by the 15# case or pound.
- Romano Beans– also called Italian Flat or Broad beans. Romano beans are large and meaty. They lend well to braising and are perfect for summer minestrones. Available by the 15# case or pound.
- French Beans (untrimmed)– please specify whether you want local French Beans or the trimmed variety from Mexico. Also known as Haricot Verts, French beans are longer and thinner than Blue Lakes. They are more tender and have a more complex flavor. Available by the 15# case or per pound.
We hope to have Dwelley Farms Corn by late next week. Enjoy the harvest!
twin peaks orchard yellow nectarines
Twin Peaks Yellow Nectarines have arrived and we couldn’t be more excited! The first variety available is the Zee Fire Nectarine, available in a 18# case of by the pound. Zee Fire Nectarines are a yellow fleshed, higher acid fruit with tons of flavor and tang. The characteristic speckles on the nectarines are not only pretty, but mean the fruit is especially delicious! Early season fruit are considered cling or semi-freestone, which means the flesh will stick to the pit. Several varieties of freestone varieties will follow in the coming weeks. We also have Twin Peaks Yellow Peaches available in a 20# case or by the pound. Twin Peaks Orchard is currently gapping on White Peaches; we will update you when the next harvest is available.
EDUARDO'S DRIED EGG PASTA
We are pleased to offer Eduardo’s dried artisan made pastas. Eduardo’s has been making egg pasta in San Francisco for over 40 years using a blend of semolina and wheat flours along with local farm eggs. No salt, preservatives, or artificial colors are ever added. The pasta is dried very slowly at low temperature to preserve the unique chewy texture and flavor. Eduardo's pasta was the overwhelming favorite in the 2001 San Francisco Chronicle's Taster's Choice, and scored high enough to be inducted into the Chronicle’s Hall of Fame. We are pleased to offer the following cuts:
- Penne– a cylinder shaped pasta with angled ends. The hollow center allows it to hold sauce. Available in a 12/12oz case, or a 20# case.
- Medium Shells (Conchiglie)- the shell shape of the pasta allows the sauce to adhere to it. Available in a 12/12oz case.
- Fusilli– a short cork-screw shaped pasta. Tri-Color Fusilli is also available, containing a combination of egg, spinach, and beet pastas. Available in a 12/12oz case.
- Rigatoni– a large tube shaped pasta with ridges down the length but unlike Penne’s angled ends, rigatoni is cut square. Its namesake ridges make better adhesive surfaces for sauces and grated cheese than smooth-sided pasta like Ziti. Available in a 12/12oz case.
- Spinach Fettuccine– a long, flat pasta made with spinach. The thickness of Fettuccine makes it suitable for ragu type dishes and other hearty sauces. Available in a 12/12oz case.
CLOVER SONOMA DAIRY TRIP- TUESDAY, JUNE 12
summer farmer's market - wednesday, july 18
It's that time of year again and you do not want to miss it! Our annual Summer Farmer's Market brings together over 40 local farmers and chefs to highlight the best of the season! Get to know the people that grow your food and supply your kitchens every day! Stay tuned for more details as we get closer.