yolo county summer produce
This week we are pleased to offer three new local summer crops: heirloom cucumbers, peppers, and eggplant from Yolo County farms.
New this week from Del Rio Botanicals:
All varieties above are available in a 10# case as a single variety, or in a mixed case.
- Armenian Cucumber– sweet flesh with a mild, citric flavor. They are pale green, ridged, and slender with a curved shape.
- Lemon Cucumber– sweet and flavorful heirloom that is less bitter than other varieties. Its shape is small and rounded with pale yellow flesh. Great for pickling, enjoyed raw, or with a cocktail.
- Citronee Cucumber– another heirloom variety very similar to lemon cucumbers but with fuzzy skin and smaller seeds.
Riverdog Farm has several varieties of Sweet Peppers:
All peppers varieties above are also available in a 10# mixed Toy Box case.
- Jimmy Nardello– sweet and light when eaten raw but also an excellent frying pepper. 10# case.
- Pimentos– sweet with a mild kick, these peppers are used to make paprika when they are dried. They are bright red and shaped like a heart. 10# case.
- Lipstick– one of the most delicious and sweetest peppers with meaty flesh. They turn from green to glossy red when mature and are excellent raw or roasted. 10# case.
- Gypsy– intense sweet flavor with long, tapered shape. Their yellow-white coloring deepens to orange and then to red as the season progresses. Enjoy raw or roast to enhance sweetness. 10# case.
- Padron– small, crinkled, green pepper with grooved furrows along its skin. Most Padrons are sweet and mild with 1/10 being hot and spicy. 5# case.