Fresh Origins MicroGreens and Edible Flowers
Fresh Origins Farm produces the very best MicroGreens, PetiteGreens, Edible Flowers, and Crystallized Flowers. Located near San Diego, California, they enjoy one of the finest growing climates in the world. Year-round mild sunny weather is the ideal environment to produce strong, healthy, highly flavored MicroGreens. When the growing cycle is complete, special care and attention in harvesting and packing results in extraordinary quality and freshness that outlasts most others. Fresh Origins has an amazing website that details over 200 MicroGreens and Edible Flowers.
We stock many of those items but it is highly recommended to call our office prior to 4pm Monday-Friday to place your pre order for MicroGreens and Edible Flowers. If you are planning to use MicroGreens and Edible Flowers for Valentine’s Day, please pre-order those items at least 48 hours in advance. Giving us proper notice will guarantee you will have the product when you need it. Please visit freshorigins.com for a complete list of available products.
Rich Collins of California Endive Farms has introduced a new product- Coraline chicory. Coraline Chicory is a curly variety that looks like a cross between frisee and endive. The narrow, pale yellow stalks are tightly bound around a central stalk, shaped like a small head of romaine. At the end of the long stalks, the leaves are branched with fringed tips. The texture of Coraline chicory is crisp and the flavor is slightly bitter and nutty with a sweet taste.
Coraline chicory, pronounced ‘cora-leen,’ is a brand-new variety of chicory. Coraline chicory is related to Dandelion, Endive and Radicchio. Coraline chicory is only grown in one place-Rio Vista CA, about 50 miles south of Sacramento. The new variety began production at the end of 2016 and is currently being served in many restaurants in Sacramento and the Bay Area.
Sierra Nevada Cheese Company
Sierra Nevada Cheese Company was founded in 1997 by Ben Gregersen and John Dundon. Ben and John discovered they had a common interest in making the best quality artisan cheeses while working together in the Gregersen’s Family Creamery, a Sacramento Landmark for over 40 years. Ben and John began introducing their cheeses at local farmers markets and soon after, demand for the products increased and their cheeses were sought out by local retail stores. In 2003, the company’s successful growth allowed them to relocate the creamery 100 miles north of Sacramento to Willows, where they are located today. Ben and John are both hands-on owners and operators of Sierra Nevada Cheese Company. Their mission is to provide their customers with the highest quality product using only the most wholesome milk, free of added hormones, preservatives, stabilizers, gums, and nothing artificial, just great cheese.
- Chevre - The most recognized type of goat cheese, this chevre has smooth texture, fresh flavor and a tangy, citrus finish. 2.2# Log.
- Goat Feta - An excellent version of this traditional Mediterranean brine-cured cheese. The cheese is semi-firm, compact and not as salty as most European versions. 5lb Loaf.
- Bianco Aged Goat Cheddar - Aged for over 6 months, this semi-soft cheese offers a cheddar like quality with creamy smooth texture and a complex nutty flavor; excellent for a cheese board. 5lb Loaf.
- Organic Farmhouse White Cheddar - Mild yet has a full-bodied, authentic flavor, and a creamy, buttery texture; an excellent melting cheese. 2/5lb case.
- Gina Marie Cream Cheese - Gina Marie cream cheese is made with three ingredients- fresh milk, cream and sea salt. Light, fluffy texture and fresh creamy flavor. 2.5lb chub.
- Organic Smokehouse Jack - Ultra-creamy texture and great for adding a smoky, bacon-like flavor to your sandwich, burger, mac n cheese or vegetarian dish. Perfect for melting. 3lb wheel.
- Habanero Jack Cheese - Not your traditional pepper jack cheese. This Habanero Jack has some character with its ultra creamy texture and nice lingering heat. Perfect for sandwiches, burgers, pizzas, omelets, and more.
- Organic Euro-Style Butter - High butterfat content creates an ultra rich, creamy flavor. Packed as ‘chubs’-long cylinders for cooking and table service rounds. Salted or Unsalted. 15/1# case.