new product alert:
california nut butters, fruit spreads, & honeys
- California Almond Butter
- California Nut Crunch Butter
- California Honey Apricot Spread
- Tart Cherry Spread
- Apricot Cherry Spread
- Local Wildflower Honey
- Yellow Star Thistle Honey
- Orange Blossom Honey
- California Pomegranate
- California Coriander
- Wildflower Honey Straws
Learn more here.
Dragon Gourmet Mushrooms
Located in Sloughhouse, DGM is a staple at local farmers markets and has been supplying Sacramento area restaurants since 2000. DGM offers a variety of mushrooms grown indoors using a very scientific method involving untreated hardwood sawdust and wheat or rice bran, controlled moisture, humidity, and temperature. No manure, supplements, herbicides, pesticides or any other additives are ever used.
We offer the following varieties:
- Oyster- Scallop-shaped, soft brown caps, with a delicate, sweet flavor and velvety texture. 5# $26.25.
- Shiitake- Tan to dark brown with broad, umbrella shaped caps. They have a rich, earthy, umami flavor with a meaty, slightly chewy texture. 5# $33.75.
- Beech- White and Brown varieties available. Quarter-size caps with 2 to 3 inch white stems. They like a hot sauté to bring out their mild nutty flavor. Their crisp, crunchy texture holds up to cooking. 4# $32.75.
- Eryngii- Also known as Trumpet Royale and King Oyster, they have a wonderful savory flavor, with a firm, meaty texture and are often used in place of wild mushrooms. 5# $32.75.
Spring garlic has arrived
Spring Garlic is harvested for its delicate, aromatic flavor. It is more sweet and less spicy than mature garlic. The entire plant is edible and can be used in any preparation calling for garlic. The young tender stalk resembles a narrow leek or large green onion. Great for soups, stocks, poaching liquids, broths, purees, and sauces. 5# case $26.75 or by the pound.
sausalito springs organic watercress
This power green is uniquely grown in fresh well water on a small family farm in Sonoma County. Only the tops of the plant are harvested which are then triple washed, hydro cooled and hand packed loose leaf, in clear, plastic bags. A live product, the sprigs keep growing in the bag. Its unique peppery flavor works well in salads and sandwiches, pairs well with fish and would make a flavorful and delicate watercress pesto. 2#
tri-color quinoa and rice varietals
Lundberg Family Farms has been growing rice in Butte County since 1937, and recently added Tri-Color Organic Quinoa to their fields. Dry-farmed on 800 acres in Humboldt County, their organic tri-color quinoa is a versatile seed grain providing all nine essential amino acids, and is good source of protein, iron, and dietary fiber. This variety naturally produces a blend of colored quinoa in the field, including white, brown, red, and black seeds. When cooked, each seed has its own unique texture and savory, nutty flavor. 6-1# bags per case $29.75.
We also offer a variety of Organic and Eco-Farmed rice from Lundberg Farms. Organic rice varieties are grown, handled and processed in accordance with USDA National Organic standards, while eco-farmed varieties are grown with non-organic fertilizers and ‘eco-friendly’ pesticides and fungicides.
We have been stocking Lundberg rice for several years and are pleased to offer the following varieties:
- Arborio- High starch, short grain for risotto. 6-2lb case $28.75.
- Jasmine– Aromatic long grain. Moist, tender, soft, and delicious. 6-2lb case $22.75.
- Basmati- Exotic aroma, fluffy and dry. 6-2lb case $22.75.
- Long Brown- Natural whole grain, dry and fluffy. 6-2lb case $17.75.
- Organic White Sushi- Classic Japanese short grain rice specifically for sushi. 6-2lb case $27.75.
- Organic White Everyday- Long grain white rice for stuffing, pilaf, salads, casseroles and stir-fry dishes. 6-2lb case $24.75.
- Wehani- Honey-red grains with irresistible nutty flavor. 6-1lb case $17.75.
- Black Japonica– Juicy with a nutty mushroom like flavor and an exotic sweet spiciness. 6-1lb case $17.75.