Cheese - Humboldt Fog
The subtle, tangy flavor and distinctive layer of edible vegetable ash are a prized combination in this iconic American original. You'll enjoy buttermilk and fresh cream, complemented with floral notes, herbal overtones and a clean citrus finish. As Humboldt Fog matures, the layer of proteolysis just under the rind will increase developing a more intense flavor.
To optimize cheese quality, keep cheese cold (33°–35°F) and wrapped in waxed paper.
Re-wrapping soft-ripened cheese in wax or parchment paper will allow the cheese to breathe as it continues to ripen.
Remove your cheese from the refrigerator at least one hour before serving.
- Top 100 Designs Worldwide, Metropolitan Home Magazine, 2003
- sofi™ Awards, Classic Product, 2013
- Second Place, American Cheese Society, 2013
- sofi™ Awards, Best Cheese & Dairy Product, 2002
- Gold, London International Cheese Competition, 2004
- First Place, American Cheese Society, 1998, 2002, 2005
- Bell Peppers
- Olive Oil
- Pine Nuts
- Star Anise