The Year in Review
'Tis the time of year that we are likely to take a moment or two to reflect on all that is right with the world and to give thanks for our families and friends. We at Produce Express would like to take that moment and thank all of our customers for choosing us as your produce distributor. Simply said, without our customers we are not a company. We also wish to thank all those involved in agriculture, particularly those in California. We wish to thank the farmers, large and small, conventional and organic. We wish to thank all those who work in the fields. We thank all of the growers, packers, shippers, truckers and distributors who take the time to move our delicate products up and down these highways. We thank the other produce companies that we work with on a daily basis and supply us for all of our produce and we thank all those who supply us with our specialty products-California Olive Ranch and Sparrow Lane Vinegar and DiNapoli Tomatoes and Lundberg Family Rice and Grass Valley Grains and Clover/Stornetta and many, many more. And we thank those that come to work every day-our employees. We look forward to the coming year because that's what you are supposed to do now. We can start again with our seasonal approach to sourcing fresh produce and, while there really aren't any new fruits and vegetables (except for candycots), I'm sure that we will find a new farmer or two to add to our existing list of local growers. And we plan to be very involved in the recently created Farm-to-Fork program in Sacramento. And there's a few more cheeses to bring in and maybe someone does come up with the next big thing. Happy New Year from all of us to all of you!
La Tourangelle Nut and Seed Oils
In the past two weeks, we have called on several chefs to sample our new line of nut and seed oils from La Tourangelle and the response has been very positive. "Pure and clean", "very flavorful", "excellent oils" are among the many comments offered by local chefs. These oils are all produced in Woodland, CA. using local crops whenever possible as well as sourcing from other countries. We are now stocking the following oils:
- Roasted Almond Oil (California)-Delicate almond flavor. Liter
- Roasted Walnut Oil (California)-Rich walnut flavor with clean finish. Gallon
- Roasted Hazelnut Oil (Oregon)-Clean, delicate hazelnut flavor. Liter
- Note-the above oils need to be refrigerated after opening.
- Avocado Oil (California)-Light flavor, very high smoke point, great for poaching fish. Liter
- Grapeseed Oil (Spain/Portugal)- Neutral flavor with a high smoke point. Gallon
- Pumpkin Seed Oil (Austria)-Deep green color, rich and flavorful. 250ml
- Sesame Oil (Japan)-Clean, pure and very flavorful. An excellent oil. Liter