annual summer farmer's market
Chefs, cooks, servers, bartenders, hosts, managers, bloggers... We welcome anyone involved in the restaurant industry to attend this free event courtesy of Produce Express! Please encourage your staff and team members to attend for the most delicious afternoon of research and development!
We are trying something new this year! We are sending out a series of 8 invitationsto all of our customers. If you bring back all 8 invitations, you automatically win a $25 gift card! Make sure to ask your driver or sales rep for invitations you are missing! We will also have tons of giveaways and raffles (just showing up enters you into the raffles)!
Our list is continuously growing but we are happy to welcome the following participating restaurants:
Adamo's/ Amour de Patisserie/ AR Provisions/ Bella Bru/ Biba's/ Carpe Vino/ Celestin's/ Classique Catering/ Corner Tavern/ Dad's Kitchen/ Divine Gelateria/ Father Paddy's/ Karen's Bakery/ La Provence/ Marly n Moo/ Mulvaney's/ North Fork Chai Co/ Origami/ Paisley Cafe/ Putah Creek Cafe/ R-15/ Rudolf Steiner College/ Sac City Brews/ Savory/ Simple Pleasures/ Stonehouse/ Streetzlan/ Taste/ Watershed at the Owl/
A special thank you to our participating farms and purveyors for all their hard work to provide our chefs with great produce:
Aldon’s Leafy Greens/ California Endive/Casa Sanchez/ Chocolate Fish/ Clover Sonoma/ Del Rio/ DiNapoli/ Dragon Gourmet Mushroom/ Dwelley Farms/ Early Bird/ Elegant Beans/ Flora Fresh/ Full Belly/ Jones and Company/ Mac Knives/ Mi Rancho Tortillas/ Napa Nuts/ Nicolau Cheese/ Nippon Shokken/ Numi Tea/ NutHouse Granola/ Orland Farmstead Creamery/ Paradiso Tomatoes/ Premier Mushroom/ Paragary's Bakery/ Produce Alive/ Queso Salazar/ Ray Yeung/ Riverdog Farm/ Rue and Forseman/ Sacramento Sprouting Company/ Sciabica Olive Oil/ Sierra Nevada Cheese Company/ Sparrow Lane Vinegars/ Sonoma Brinery/ Tampico Spices/ TCHO Chocolate/ Twin Peaks
Local heirloom tomatoes
- Black Pineapple– Bright green flesh with deep red streaks; its flavor is both sweet and smoky with a hint of citrus.
- Black Prince– Known for its rich, sweet flavor and juiciness; very deep red skin with red/brown flesh.
- Black Zebra– Beautiful mahogany flesh with purple/mahogany skin with deep green steaks. Its flavor is rich and complex with hints of smoke and sweetness.
- Carolina Gold- Beautiful gold/orange skin and flesh, sweeter than red varieties.
- Green Zebra- Striped green/yellow skin with juicy green flesh, more tart flavor than other tomatoes.
- Pineapple- A large, golden-orange beef-steak heirloom tomato often with red stripes and a luscious, very rich, sweet pineapple like flavor.
- Pink Brandywine- Lovely pinkish red skin and flesh with a distinctive rich flavor. Tends to be on the larger side.
- Purple Cherokee- Deep red/purple skin with dark green shoulders, more acidic than sweet.
- Black Crimson
- Black Trifele
- Red Zebra
- Striped Cavern
- Mixed Toybox
- True Vine Ripe Round Tomatoes—Shady Lady tomatoes, 5X5 size. Sold by the 20# case only.
We are currently in the heart of stone fruit season and that means freestone peaches from Twin Peaks in Newcastle, CA! Twin Peaks Orchards was established in 1912 and has been family owned and operated for four generations. They follow the principles of sustainable agriculture, using beneficial insects to control pests and organic fertilizers to promote healthy tree growth.
With unpredictable weather patterns, this season has been a rollercoaster for farmers and very harsh on delicate crops such as stone fruit. Twin Peak’s white and yellow peaches have proven to be resilient! They are full of flavor, juicy, sweet, bright in color, and freestone! Twin Peaks harvests their peaches when they are ripe but firm. Being picked while on the firmer side allows for a longer shelf life inside the kitchen as well as easier packing, so they do not get damaged during transportation. Keeping them at room temperature for a day or two will allow them to continue to ripen and develop their full flavor. Available by the pound and 18 pound case.