Chicories and Endives are a closely related group of leafy vegetables that exhibit a variety of sizes, shapes, colors, textures, and flavors. Though available year round, chicories are considered cool weather crops and flourish at this time of year. Chicories are quite versatile and may be used in any manner of culinary techniques. Chicories and Endives are excellent in salads, and have a sturdy texture that is great for both braising and grilling. We are pleased to offer the following varieties:
From J. Marchini Farm in LeGrand, CA:
- Radicchio– globe shaped, similar looking to a small head of red lettuce or cabbage with a distinctive bitter flavor. 12 count case or each.
- Treviso– a radicchio with romaine shaped heads of red and white. 12 count case or each.
- Castelfranco– seasonal variety with the mildest flavor of all the chicories. Individual heads with attractive purple red flecked, creamy white leaves. 12 count case or each.
- Mixed Chicory– a “Toy-Box” of Treviso, Castelfranco and Radicchio. 12 count case.
From California Endive Farms in Rio Vista, CA:
- Coraline Chicory– this curly variety looks like a cross between frisee and endive. It has crisp texture and slightly bitter flavor with hints of nutty sweetness. 3# case.
- Belgian Endive- an ivory/white head with pale yellow-edged, closely wrapped leaves, a mildly bitter flavor and tender juicy texture. 10# case or each.
- Red Endive- a cross between white endive and treviso. 8# case.
- Mixed Endive– mix of Belgian and red. 9# case.
LA TOURANGELLE ARTISAN OILS
Each batch of artisan oil from La Tourangelle is unique, and hand crafted following a 150-year-old French tradition, recreated by La Tourangelle in Woodland, CA. First, the nuts and herbs are hand-roasted in cast iron kettles, expeller-pressed, then lightly filtered and bottled. Their roasted oils are very flavorful with rich colors, and they retain more natural antioxidants than refined oils.
We offer the following artisan oils from La Tourangelle:
- Basil Infused Oil– the herbs used for this oil are grown in France, by a fifth generation family, with a specific focus on aromas. The basil is expeller-pressed into high-oleic sunflower oil which makes it great for a variety of applications from salad dressings to sunflower oil. 250ml canister.
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil– organic coconuts are pressed within 4 days of being hand harvested. It has a pure coconut taste and beautiful texture perfect for cooking, baking, dressings, or frying. 15 ounce canister.
- Avocado Oil– beautiful emerald green oil with a nice fruity roundness that makes it ideal for both sweet and savory applications. 1000ml canister.
• Roasted Walnut • Grape Seed • Roasted Hazelnut • Toasted Sesame Seed • Roasted Pecan • Roasted Almond • Pumpkin Seed •
HODO SOY BEANERY
Using Tofu products is a wonderful way to accommodate your guests' vegetarian and vegan diets, and other dietary preferences. Our tofu products are from Hodo Soy Beanery, located in Oakland, Ca. Hodo Soy uses only Organic Non-GMO soy beans grown in the United States to make their products. They supply companies like Chipotle and Whole Foods, as well as acclaimed Bay Area restaurants such as Benu, Coi, Quince, The Restaurant at Meadowood, The Slanted Door, State Bird Provisions and many, many others.
We proudly offer the following from Hodo Soy:
- Firm Tofu– flavorful, nutrient-rich, and high quality. 20# case (4/5#), 5# case, or 12oz package.
- Medium Tofu– made fresh daily in small batches; holds shape when grilled or added to stir-fry. 15# case (20x12oz); requires a pre-order.
- Fresh Yuba Sheets– can be crisped and used as a gluten free pasta, used as a papillote, a roulade base, or floated as thin ribbons in soup. 5# case, requires a pre-order.
- Tofu Veggie Burgers– flavorful, juicy, and “meaty” tofu patties studded with a mirepoix of carrots, onions, and cabbage; free of soy protein isolates and fillers. 6# case; requires a pre-order.
- Tofu Puffs– Hodo Soy signature firm tofu is twice fried to create puffs that have a unique, chewy, meat-like texture and a great canvas for flavors. Great in soups, braises, curries, and stir-fries. 5# case; requires a pre-order.
- Thai Curry Tofu Nuggets– tofu cubes are fried then braised in a curry of lemongrass and spices. They are juicy with a slightly spicy flavor and chewy texture. 5# case; requires a pre-order.
- Braised Tofu– poached in a light Chinese 5-spice blend and caramel sauce. This braised tofu has a smooth texture and can be sliced or cubed for a sandwich, or cut into thin juliennes for salads or stir-fries. 5# case; requires a pre-order.