california olive ranch
For over a decade, California Olive Ranch olive oils have been used by award winning chefs at some of the best restaurants across the United States. California Olive Ranch understands that chefs want high quality olive oil made from sustainably grown ingredients. The oils have been certified as Extra Virgin by the California Olive Council. The oils are packaged in a ‘bag in a box’ protecting the oil from both sunlight and heat, either of which can quickly turn a good olive oil into a rancid one. We are proud to offer the following extra virgin olive oils and blends:
- 50/50 Canola/EVOO Blend– made with a 50/50 blend of Canola and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, it is milder in flavor and lighter in color than pure olive oils. It is ideal for high-heat cooking and is great for recipes that require a light taste profile. 5 gallon box.
- 80/20 Chef’s Blend– an all-purpose blend of 80% non-GMO expeller pressed canola oil and 20% extra virgin olive oil. Versatile for most any cooking application, a mild and buttery blend with light hints of fresh olive flavor. 5 gallon box.
- COR Blend Extra Virgin (aka Everyday EVOO)- blend of Arbequina and Arbosana with mild fruitiness and slight pungency. It has a high smoke point for versatile use. 2.5 gallon box.
- Arbequina– high fruitiness, less pungency, very pleasing clean taste; flavors of tropical fruit and fresh artichoke. Great for use in “strong” pestos, and works well for vinaigrettes and finishings. 2.5 gallon box.
cowgirl creamery pierce pt.
Cowgirl Creamery cheeses are recognized and loved by chefs and consumers alike for their unique flavor profiles and high quality ingredients. One reason that Cowgirl Creamery cheeses are so special and delicious is that each cheese starts with milk made from only one source creating distinct flavors that can’t be created anywhere else. In addition to their flagship cheeses, Mt. Tam and Red Hawk, we are pleased to offer their seasonal cheese– Pierce Pt. The rich, bloomy rind is dusted with a gorgeous mix of field flowers, chamomile, calendula, and Thai basil. Pierce Pt. is herbal and savory with tangy notes; semi-soft and creamy texture; sold by the 8oz piece. Pierce Pt. makes a beautiful addition to cheese boards, or combine with Mt. Tam to elevate grilled cheese sandwiches.
cheese tasting & More events
- Tasting Tuesday featuring Local Specialty Cheeses & Paragary Pasta– Tuesday, September 11 • 10am-1pm: we will have cheese reps here from Nicolau Farms, Fiscalini Farmstead, Orland Farms Creamery, Sierra Nevada Cheese Co., Laura Chenel, Marin French, Cowgirl Creamery and more. We will also have Laurel with Paragary Bakery here cooking up their fresh pasta with cheese from Nicolau Farms. Join us and find the perfect cheese for your next banquet or cheese board. There will also be an awesome free raffle giveaway!
- Apple Hill Tour with Barsotti Juice Co., Larsen Apple Barn, and Mai Farms– Monday, September 24 • 8am-3pm: Our local apple season is almost here! Join us for an exciting tour up to Apple Hill to see the bottling process at Barsotti Juice, explore the orchards at Larsen Apple BarnWe will meet at Produce Express at 8AM and return by around 3PM. Transportation and lunch is provided.
- Fall Farmer’s Market– Wednesday, November 7: don’t miss the fun! Save the date on your calendar now! Want to participate as a featured restaurant? Contact your sales rep, or Marissa with inside sales (see contact info above).