full belly farm
Full Belly Farm is a certified organic farm growing over 80 different crops in Capay Valley. Founded in 1985, Full Belly is a family farm supporting organic and sustainable farming practices with a focus on helping to create a strong local food economy. The following seasonal items are now available:
- Savoy Spinach– an heirloom savoy spinach variety similar to Bloomsdale. Its leaves are slightly crinkled with clean, sweet flavor. Sold by the 4# case only.
- Broccoli de Cicco– a sweet and tender heirloom broccoli variety; looks similar to broccoli rabe but has a sweeter taste and more delicate texture. All parts of Broccoli de Cicco are edible from the stalk to leaves and florets. Sold by the 14ct case only.
- Dino Kale (also known as Lacinato, Tuscan, or Black Kale)- an Italian heirloom kale variety with dark green, heavily crinkled leaves. It has a strong flavor that is rich, sweet and earthy. Young, tender leaves are best sautéed quickly while larger leaves do well in a long, slow cooking process like soups and braises. Sold by the 12ct case only.
- Nantes Carrots– a French heirloom carrot variety that is distinctly sweeter than other carrots with a smooth skin and crisp texture. Delicious in stocks, soups, braises, salads, or as vegetable side. Sold by the 24 bunch case.
- Tokyo Turnips– a small radish-sized turnip with a crunchy texture. It has a juicy, bitter-sweet flavor when eaten raw that becomes more buttery-sweet and delicate when cooked. Serve raw in salads and appetizers, slow cook in soups, stews, braises or use for a root vegetable puree. Sold by the 10# case.
- Mixed Mizuna– serrated, dark green and red leaves with narrow white stalk; Mizuna has a mildly peppery and slightly spicy flavor. Use as a garnish, enjoy raw in salads or cook into stir-fry and soups. Sold by the 12 bunch case.
Founded in 1997 by chefs-turned-cheesemakers, Sue Conley and Peggy Smith, Cowgirl Creamery has produced over 2,000 tons of award-winning cheese that is loved by chefs and consumers alike. We offer the following:
- Devil’s Gulch (8oz round)– only available for a limited time during the winter months, Devil’s Gulch is one of four seasonal cheeses. The rich, bloomy rind dusted with a mixture of sweet and spicy ground heirloom peppers looks beautiful on a cheese board. It has a soft, creamy texture and bright, sweet flavor with hints of spice. Devil’s Gulch starts with organic Holstein milk from Bivalve Dairy near Pt. Reyes station.
- Mt. Tam (8oz round)– a buttery, triple cream cheese aged to perfection! Mt. Tam melts well and makes a wonderful addition to sandwiches and cheese boards. Cowgirl’s most popular cheese is made from organic milk from Straus Family Creamery.
- Red Hawk (8oz round)- pungent aromas complement the rich, smooth flavor of this triple cream cheese. It is aged four weeks and washed with a brine solution resulting in the sunset red-orange rind. The wild bacteria that define this bold cheese are native to Point Reyes; it literally could not be made anywhere else.
DiNapoli canned tomato products start with freshly harvested tomatoes grown in California’s Central Valley and Yolo County. The tomatoes are rushed to a local cannery to be processed within hours of harvest. Special attention is paid to tomato selection- only the best tomatoes with deep red color, soft texture and naturally sweet flavor are chosen for packing. By using lower temperature evaporators and high speed canning lines, DiNapoli is able to provide extra thick and rich consistency without destroying the natural fresh tasting tomato flavor and color. We proudly offer the following DiNapoli products by the case (6/#10 cans):
- Bianco DiNapoli Whole Tomatoes and Bianco Crushed Tomatoes (Organic)- a wonderful collaboration between James Beard award winning chef, Chris Bianco, and Rob DiNapoli– organically grown plum tomatoes are peeled with steam, hand-selected for yellow shoulders, and packed with a bit of sea salt and hint of basil. No calcium chloride is used in the process. Available whole or crushed.
- San Marzano Style Plum Tomatoes– packed whole and peeled in natural juice. These tomatoes are the closest thing to the hand picked San Marzanos that the DiNapolo family once raised in the countryside near Naples.Peeled Tomato Strips– delicate San Marzano Style whole peeled tomatoes are randomly chopped, seeded and topped with a light puree.
- Diced Tomatoes– peeled tomatoes diced to a cube, holds shape during cooking.
- Ground Tomatoes in Puree- 50% chunky ground, vine ripened, peeled tomatoes, 50% fresh pack tomato puree create a rich, full body marinara or pizza sauce.
- Tomato Sauce– rich, flavorful sauce of whole peeled plum tomatoes, seasoned, cooked and strained.
- Tomato Paste– whole peeled tomatoes cooked and reduced to a rich red concentrate that adds thickness and body to soups and sauces.
- Tomato Puree (Extra Heavy)- whole peeled tomatoes, briefly cooked and strained to a thick liquid.
- Whole Peeled Tomatoes- cold-pressed, uncooked, whole, peeled, round, tomatoes.
- Diced Tomatoes- cold-pressed, uncooked , peeled, diced tomatoes.
- Marinara Sauce– perfect for pastas.
- Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes in Juice– red, ripe tomatoes are roasted over an open fire to blackened perfection! Natural hardwoods create robust smoky flavors that make these diced tomatoes ideal for a soup, marinara, chili or a pizza topping.