Aldon's Leafy Greens
We are proud to now offer a unique variety of locally grown microgreens and living greens from Aldon’s Leafy Greens. Located in Fair Oaks, CA, products from Aldon’s Leafy Greens are grown 365 days/year in a contained agriculture environment, and are pesticide and GMO free. Aldon’s uses 90% less water and energy than conventional growers and contribute zero agriculture runoff to local waterways. We are proud to offer nutrient dense products from Aldon’s Leafy Greens.
Microgreens– packed in 4oz clamshells:
- Borage Shoots– mild cucumber or oyster leaf flavor with succulent texture.
- Miz America Hybrid- mizuna mustard microgreens with deep purple color and a pleasant, spicy taste.
- Mitsuba- Japanese parsley is a popular Asian herb with the clean, wild flavor of chervil-meets-celery leaf.
- Mixed Mizuna– a combination of up to three Mizuna Mustard varieties adds color, texture, and spice to dishes.
- Mixed Bok Choy– a mix of white stem bok choy and purple magic bok choy microgreens make a crunchy, colorful garnish.
Living Greens with root ball attached:
- Chef’s Sampler (22 root balls total)– mixture of living greens listed below.
- Red Veined Sorrel (6 root balls)- bright green leaves with rich red stem and veins; lemon tangy flavor.
- Esmee Arugula (4 root balls)- beautiful, oak-leaf shaped fine leaves. Its flavor is more nutty than spicy which sets Esmee apart from other arugulas.
- Miz America Hybrid (6 root balls)- living mizuna mustard with deep purple color and a pleasant, spicy taste.
- Mitsuba (4 root balls)- living Japanese parsley with the clean, wild flavor of chervil meets celery leaf.
- White Stem Bok Choy (2 root balls)- smooth green leaves and thick white stalks. It is one of the most popular Asian vegetables and a main ingredient in Asian cooking.
Penna Olives grows, processes and packs right at M&CP Farms in Orland, CA. Owned and operated by Maurice and Cindy Penna, M&CP olives have been known for quality and consistency for decades. Freshly harvested olives are bitter and must be cured before eaten. Maurice chooses to ferment with lactic acid which leaves more of the natural olive flavor intact than the traditional method of using lye. We proudly offer the following:
- California Mixed Olives (2/4# bags)- blend of Sevillano, Mission, Manzanita, and Picholine. Available pitted or whole with the pit.
- Italian Deli Mix (2/5# bags in brine)-mildly spicy blend of pitted olives with pearl onions, and Greek and California peppers.
- Kalamata Olives (2/4# bags)- large, purple/black olive with rich and fruity flavor. It is a great table olive and excellent in tapenades. Available pitted or with pit.
- Calabrese Olives (2/5# bags)- a unique variety of Sevillano olives cured in a salt brine for 12-18 months, desalted, then packed with olive oil, herbs, and hot pepper flakes.
- Stuffed Olives (1 gallon tub)- premium olives hand-stuffed with California jalapeno flavored with lime. Excellent for a dirty martini! Lucques Olives (2/5# bags in brine)- crescent shaped green olives with firm meaty texture (with pit).
- Pitted Sicilian/Sevillano (2/5# bags in brine)- large meaty green olive with mild fruity flavor. Pairs well with sheep and goat milk cheeses.
- Preserved Meyer Lemons (2/5# bags)- packed in salt until cured. Use to enhance the flavor of braised meats, soups, stews and salads.
Numi teas (new!)
Produce Express has partnered with Numi Tea to elevate your tea service with uniquely blended, exceptional tasting teas. Numi blends premium full-leaf quality teas and herbs with only 100% real fruits, flowers and spices for the perfect balance of richness and nuance. All of their teas are USDA Certified Organic, Kosher, and Halal. Numi teas are packed in verified non-GMO compostable filter-paper tea bags. **If you purchase 8 or more of the following flavors, we will provide a complimentary tea display rack.**
Hearty, robust, full-bodied and brisk flavors with high caffeine levels.
- Aged Earl Grey (18ct box)- Assam black tea aged with real bergamot orange.
- Breakfast Blend (18ct box)- a rich hearty blend of black teas.
Fresh, vegetal, nutty and grassy flavors with medium caffeine levels.
- Jasmine Green (18ct box)– green tea scented with real jasmine blossoms.
- Gunpowder Green (18ct box)- full leaf, smooth green tea pearls.
White teas are the least processed teas. Their flavor is delicate, smooth, and slightly sweet with low caffeine.
- Orange Spice (16ct box)- white tea, real orange peel & spice.
- White Rose (16ct box)- white tea and fragrant rose buds.
Containing no tea leaves, herbal teas are herbs, fruits and flowers. Teasans are calming, grounding, exotic, and naturally caffeine free. Their flavor is minty, earthy, tart, sweet, floral or fruity.
- Moroccan Mint (18ct box)- refreshing sweet mint leaves.
- Chamomile Lemon (18ct box)- sweet flowers and bright lemon myrtle.
- Rooibos Chai (18ct box)- warming spices and earthy vanilla tones.
- Honeybush (18ct box)- sweet honey South African nectar.
- Decaf Ginger Lemon (16ct box)- decaf green tea, ginger and lemongrass.
Numi’s Turmeric blends offer rich, cleansing flavors, highlighting the ingredient’s earthy and robust character.
- Turmeric Amber Sun (12ct box)- with rooibos, cinnamon and vanilla.