dragon gourmet mushroom
Dragon Gourmet Mushrooms (Sloughhouse, CA), is a staple at local farmers markets, and has been supplying Sacramento area restaurants since 2000. DGM mushrooms are grown indoors using a scientific method involving untreated hardwood sawdust and wheat or rice bran. They have complete control over moisture, humidity and temperature. No manure, supplements, herbicides, pesticides or any other additives are ever used. The founder of Dragon Gourmet, Ryker Walker, began his career as a bio-chemist and turned to growing mushrooms for their medicinal healing properties. We proudly offer the following from DGM:
- Oyster Mushrooms (5# case)- scallop shaped, soft brown caps, with a delicate, sweet flavor and velvety texture.
- Eryngii Mushrooms (5# case)- also known as King Trumpet and Trumpet Royale. They have a wonderful savory flavor, with a firm, meaty texture. Often used in place of wild mushrooms.
- Shiitake Mushrooms (5# case)- tan to dark brown with broad, umbrella shaped caps. They have a rich, earthy, umami flavor with a meaty, slightly chewy texture. Great for stuffing.
- Beech Mushrooms (4# case)- white and brown varieties available. Quarter size caps with 2-3” white stems. They like a hot sauté to bring out their mild nutty flavor. Their crisp, crunchy texture holds up to cooking.
sierra nevada cheese co.
Sierra Nevada Cheese Company was founded in 1997 by Ben Gregersen and John Dundon. The two men worked together at the Gregersen’s Family Creamery (a Sacramento Landmark for over 40 years) and discovered they had a common interest in making the best quality artisan cheeses. Demand for their cheese quickly increased after Ben and John introduced their cheeses at local farmers markets. In 2003, Sierra Nevada Cheese Co. moved their creamery to a bigger facility in Willows, just north of Sacramento. Ben and John are both hands-on owners and operators of Sierra Nevada Cheese Co. They remain committed to providing the highest quality product using only the most wholesome milk, free of added hormones, preservatives, stabilizers, gums, and nothing artificial, just great cheese. We proudly offer the following:
- Goat Feta (5# loaf)– brine-cured cheese that is semi-firm, compact and less salty than most European versions.
- Capra Bianca Aged Goat Cheddar (5# loaf)– aged for over 6 months, this semi-soft cheese offers a cheddar like quality with creamy smooth texture and a complex nutty flavor; excellent for a cheese board.
- Organic Farmhouse White Cheddar (2/5# case)– mild yet has a full-bodied, authentic flavor, and a creamy, buttery texture; an excellent melting cheese.
- Organic Smokehouse Jack (3# wheel)– ultra-creamy texture and great for adding a smoky, bacon-like flavor to your sandwich, burger, mac n cheese or vegetarian dish.
- Habanero Jack (5# block)– bold and spicy yet smooth and creamy with a lingering kick. Great for burgers, mac-n-cheese, sandwiches, and pizzas.
- Hatch Chile Jack (5# block)- ultra creamy and smooth texture that melts beautifully with a pleasantly mild taste. Full of flavor without the spice! This is a great cheese for chile con queso, chile rellenos, sandwiches, burgers, and more.
- Goat Cheese/Chevre (2.2# log)– smooth texture, fresh flavor, and a tangy, citrus finish. Use in salads, spread on crostini, great for cheese boards and more.
- Gina Marie Cream Cheese (2.5# chub)– made with fresh milk, cream and sea salt. Light, fluffy texture and fresh creamy flavor.
- Organic Euro-Style Butter (30/1# chubs)– high butterfat content creates an ultra rich, creamy flavor. It is vat-cured with live active cultures in a time-activated process to develop a distinctive all-natural flavor. Available salted or unsalted.
wednesday, april 17, 2019 from 1pm to 3pm
Please join us at our spring pop-up featuring Aldon’s Leafy Greens, Sac Sprouts and Numi Tea. We will have a display of spring produce plus small bites and samples. This event is open to everyone in the restaurant and hospitality industry. Please spread the word to your team and industry friends. Our warehouse is located at 8340 Belvedere Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95816.