We stock multiple varieties of apples from Larsen Apple Barn in Apple Hill during local apple season. Larsen Apple Barn was founded in the 1860’s by the Larsen family and continues to be the oldest, continuously family-owned farm in Apple Hill. We are pleased to offer the following varieties by the 40# case:Arkansas Black
– This apple is very dark red in color with some appearing almost black or purplish, especially when grown in full sun. Its deep red skin can be very tough but it’s pale yellow flesh is sweet and rich with a complex flavor. It is favored as a dessert apple or as an eating apple but is best for cider.Braeburn
– An all-purpose apple with a spicy sweet/tart flavor that holds hints of nutmeg and cinnamon. Its skin is reddish in a yellow to light green background with pale cream to golden yellow flesh. Also available by the 10# case.Fuji
– Medium to large sized apple with thick skin that is light red with a yellow blush. Its flesh is creamy white, dense, juicy and crisp. Its subtle sweet flavor pairs well with sharp cheeses, and its dense flesh holds up well when cooked.
Gala- Red skin over a pale yellow background and creamy flesh that is yellow and crisp. Galas are mildly sweet in flavor and are best for salads, eating raw, or used for applesauce; not the best for baking.Granny Smith
- Granny Smith is a true utility apple. It’s one of the best to bake and cook with and also great for dipping. Granny Smiths do not brown as quickly as other varieties, making it ideal for salads, fruit platters, freezing, and more.Mutsu
-A Japanese version of the Golden Delicious. Pale, greenish-yellow skin with some red blush; sweet and spicy with juicy crisp flesh. Excellent eating apple.
Pink Lady-Premium eating apple, greenish skin, pink later in season. Very crisp, very sweet.Pippen
– Light green to yellow skin with creamy white flesh. Its flavor is sweet/tart balanced with a slight spice. Its crisp, firm flesh make Pippens great for pies, tarts, and turnovers.Winesap
– Dark red, firm skin and a crisp, very juicy flesh with a creamy yellow hue. Their sweet/tart flavor is reminiscent of spiced wine and is perfect for cider, sauces, juice and preserves. The firm texture also makes Winesaps great for baking, sauteeing, and roasting.